I’ve been a guitarist for over 25 years and have not run accross anything this altering since Perpetual Burn by Jason Becker. The difference is…..Martone’s style could bridge the gap between instrumental guitar music and more main stream listening.
This guy blows through jazz, fusion, rock, metal, country, blues, and more with grin on his face. Dave doesn’t have to “show off”, it is pretty apparent when you listen to this that he has about sickest chops around, but delivers even the heaviest stuff on the CD with a pat of smooth butter and warm elegance.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I must have listened to “Got Da Blues” a 100+ times, and I still can’t get enough!
- Ending solo of “What the Hell”, starting at the 5:18 mark
- All of “Got Da Blues”, especially the run starting at 2:42 and 2:53
- The overall playing on “Panemenco”, as it goes from the acoustic to the heavier portions and back again
- Big Church 6:00
- Do Da 3:12
- What the Hell! 6:50
- Country Maniac 2:14
- Domon Fetal Harvest 6:52
- Got Da Blues 4:50
- Attack of the Celery Crunchers 4:46
- Tone of Darkness 4:22
- Goodbye Pork Pie Hat 6:12
- Code Red 4:05
- Panemenco 5:12
- A Demon's Dream 1:21